That huge dinner I tried to make because my son leaves for his first tour (his band) tomorrow and I wanted to be nice because I know he’ll be eating gas station food for a week…. it didn’t turn out. I hope he likes corn and potatoes because that’s all I didn’t fuck up.
*because the corn was in a can and the potatoes came in a bag (just add water).
Maybe I’ll just give him a 100.00 to take on tour to eat all that taco bell and white castle he can muster.
There are children or parents of deceased “celebs” that are well and alive, I hear they hate this time of year because people like to dress up as their parents … but in a very rude shitty way.
Like Cobain with his brains all over his body
A drunken/heroin nodding / bloody Nancy or the same for Sid.
All this fodder and buying the bits and pieces for these outfits only lines the pockets of people who contribute nothing to the remaining family - just the label they are under. Its pretty fucking tacky.
I live next door to a budding serial killer and other news:
I like lists, so here is what’s happened this week.
1. I had a gut feeling on Sunday that something was amiss with a landlord that I had arranged to rent from. the short of the long is that he wanted my deposit (a huge sum) up front even though
. The unit I was told was ready for move in was actually still occupied & as of Sunday those tenants weren’t notified to move out.
. The landlord wanted my security deposit to fix the room of the unit I couldn’t even move into because of the above mentioned bullshit and also because it would take 90 days (min) to fix the roof.
. This is not the way renting goes. Your security deposit goes towards YOUR unit for a few reasons:
. To secure it and take it off the market until your credit check goes through
. It’s then applied towards your first month or last months’ rent (incase you fail to give 30 day notice and your landlord is out of cash for that 30 days). Or any damage / wear n’ tear that needs fixed up when you move out.
WHAT IT DOESN’T DO IS PAY FOR YOUR LANDLORD TO FIX SHIT THAT HIS OR HER INSURANCE SHOULD COVER. LIKE A FUCKING ROOF, WIRING, PLUMBING OR ANY OF THE OTHER TENANTS BULLSHIT. YOUR JOB OR SECURITY DEPOSIT IS NOT TO GET THAT LANDLORD OUT OF THE “RED”
This was a huge alarming red flag to me because that means he doesn’t budget well, the building isn’t up to code and I would upheaving my son three times. This is not good parenting on my end and moving to a new highschool is traumatic enough. If it sounds “shaky” then it is and abandon ship.
2. I go on Craigslist and plug in the neighborhood I really want to move back to and my price range. I didn’t expect to find much but knowing it’s renters off season.. something might pop up. Something did, my 1st apartment in Chicago was available and 600$ less than what the slumlord wanted. This building is always clean, there’s only 4 apartments in the brownstone and the landlord is a sweet woman who knows my occupation. I rented from her for 3 years before moving to a place that I fucking regret.
3. Sunday night I fired off an email to the broker of the building and figured I was probably not going to get it with the rate being that low in that area etc etc.
4. Fast forward to actually getting the place.
I want to take this moment to speak to other sex-workers who are afraid to mention their job in order to get a safe apt or live in a decent area. I have been in the sex industry 20 years this month. Yes, 20 years. That’s basically 20 years of no job on paper. If you work at a strip club they have no issue in sending an email vouching for your employment. Being honest with a broker is the best policy. The worst you’ll hear is a no, and you just move forward. I tend to rent only from women because a male landlord knowing what you earn really tries to take advantage of the situation in some very disturbing ways. I have never had to have a co-signer, I have shit credit and I’ve never had to pay more than a security deposit and a fee for a background check. They only really care about open litigations, foreclosures, bankruptcy, and any evictions - oh, and your rental history. If you can prove you generate income … then you’re all good. I just submit my bank statements and any tax forms.
5. So the last few days I’ve not felt too well (switching birth-control because going home to Chicago exactly 10 years to the fucking day into the same apartment I first moved into …means my crush lives near and I will get some sex). Sorry that was a confusing statement. But basically Im bleeding and cramping, packing and anxiety. I’ve stayed home and gotten shit done. I do own a house and I’m renting that house to my eldest child to get him on his own 2 feet.
6. Last night I was all ready to go to work when suddenly I hear 3 large booms. - wait let me back up. Around 6pm I’m sitting on my stoop and I see the neighborhood psycho (14, kills small animals, decapitates them, peeps in 5 year old girls’ windows, molested a few toddlers, broke into my home, threatened to kill my son and rape me.. He’s constantly in trouble) Well around 6 I see him go into the alley in front of my home and around the back of a very elderly lady. She’s not home (her car isn’t out front). He had been doing “help” for her lately, she’s a good woman that believes with enough love she can change people. Anyway, about the time it takes me to smoke a cigarette - I see him running while pulling his pants up front the back of her house.
- he’s peeped on me
- he’s molested and raped children
- this lady wasn’t home but her daughter and infant grand daughter often are.
I look at my friend and we both remark that this psycho either just got caught jerking it or broke in and what he had stolen was weighting down his pants. (we didn’t hear anything breaking though). I call 911. Cops come, they can’t find him - they leave.
Now, it’s around 8pm and I’m leaving for work. I hear 3 booms. Sounds like a transformer blowing, so I wait for my lights to go out. Nothing happens but I hear ambulances, firedept and my entire street is blocked. The fire hydrant is in front of my home so I can’t leave, I was waiting to hear if I had to be evacuated. It was arson. This lil’ psycho (my other neighbors witnessed him running from there after the 1st boom and a tree torched!) used propane in a garage and blew that mother fucker up! It’s common knowledge that next door to this garage is a meth lab. Suddenly that house starts to catch fire and that fear goes up that we are all dead. Thankfully no one was hurt and the response time was perfect.
Little psycho stands around watching and climbs into a tree to watch. After the police and shit leave he proceeds to go into the road and toss fruit(?) at his friend and run about. It’s at this time 10pm and past curfew.
I didn’t get much sleep last night out of absolute terror and worry that this kid had seen me speaking to the fire dept, police and such. I’m not for snitching but this kid is getting more brazen and more trigger happy (this is the lil’ shit that shot out my windows in an attempt to murder my kids about 2 summers ago). CPS is involved and has been the entire time I’ve lived here. HE’s on probation. He cannot attend school due to these issues of sexual misconduct and violence. His siblings are beaten, dirty and their house is actually missing a porch (which is jacked up to support the weight) so the house is due to be demolished but they live there anyway. It’s mindblowing to me.
This is the start of a killer and we already know he’s a rapist who likes arson, killing animals and decapitating them to “scare” little kids. What more does the county needs to take this nut job away and save some lives?! Sadly, a lot. I cannot wait to move.